Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do we need this construction program?
- How did the District determine that it needs to sell $56 million in general obligation bond funds to complete this program?
- What are the priorities for spending the Seismic Safety Bond funds?
- What is a general obligation bond?
- What will the Seismic Safety Bond funds pay for?
- Are there limits on what the bond funds can be used for?
- When will the bonds be issued?
- When will the bonds be fully repaid?
- Is the District eligible for State funds to help pay for the seismic strengthening and modernization of the school facilities?
- Does eligibility for State funds necessarily mean the funds are available?
- What is the total budget for the Seismic Safety Bond Program?
- How has the State budget crisis affected the Seismic Safety Bond Program?
- What kind of oversight is in place to ensure that the bond program funds are used properly?
- Will any of the schools be closed during construction? What are the plans for relocation of students during construction?
- What is a lease-leaseback agreement? Why do we have these types of agreements with contractors who are building new or upgrading existing school facilities in Piedmont?
- Why are the District”’s payments to the contractors structured as lease payments?
School Bus Transportation Questions
- Who will provide the school bus transportation?
- How do I sign up for the bus?
- Will buses run on the first day of school?
- How many bus routes will there be?
- How long are the routes?
- How many bus stops will there be on each route?
- Would the ride time be shorter with fewer, more centralized stops?
- How are the bus stops determined?
- May I select more than one bus stop? Must the morning and afternoon bus stops be the same?
- How early does a student need to arrive at the bus stop? What happens if a student misses the bus?
- What will happen when the staggered reading schedule starts?
- Will the bus pick up at Schoolmates in the morning?
- Will the buses drop off at Schoolmates in the afternoon?
- What will happen if I”’m late to meet my child at the bus stop in the afternoon?
- Will the buses have seat belts?
- Will there be supervision at the bus stops?
- Can I request that my address be designated as a bus stop?
- Can I ride the bus with my child?
- Can my kindergartener ride the bus to Beach?
- Will there be a bus to bring students home after after-school enrichment programs at Havens Jr.?
- When will I receive confirmation of the bus stop?
- How do I request a new bus stop? How do I request different bus stops for the morning and afternoon? Who do I contact if I have questions about the bus program?
- What can neighbors expect during this project?
- What are the work hours for this project?
- When will demolition begin?
- How will the project impact parking around the Havens site?
- What can be done to mitigate construction-related noise?
- Will there be a fence enclosing the Havens site?
- What can be done to reduce and control dust and pollution?
- What can be done to reduce the potential problem of rats at the site?
- Will there be security guards at the site?
- When will the new playfield be installed? Will the field be artificial or natural turf?
- Will there be regular communication with neighbors?
- What if I have questions or concerns about the project?
- What if there is an emergency at the construction site after work hours?